What Your Sacramento DUI Attorney Will Ask You About Regarding Your Arrest, Health, and Breath Tests
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence, you may be wondering if a Sacramento DUI attorney will agree to represent you. This depends on the facts and specific circumstances of your case. In your initial interview with a Sacramento DUI attorney, the attorney will probably ask you several questions similar to the below questions. Having the answers ready will be helpful to your attorney.
- Regarding your arrest, did the police search your car? If so, did he find anything?
- Was your stop recorded, either on videotape or audiotape?
- When were you told you were under arrest, and were you read your Miranda rights? Were you handcuffed?
- Did you say anything and waive your right to remain silent, or did you stay silent? Did you request a lawyer?
- Your health at the time of your arrest may be important. Were you taking any medication at the time, and how much had you slept the last two nights? Do you have any balance issues or physical disabilities, and have you ever suffered a head injury? Do you have blood or liver disease, or diabetes? And do you have any mental health issues?
- If you were given a breath test, how many samples did you provide, and did you have any difficulty providing a clean sample? Did the operator interrupt your breathing or tell you to hold your breath before the test? On how many machines were you tested?
- Do you have an existing criminal record, including drunk driving arrests?
If you have more questions about defending a DUI charge, contact experienced Sacramento DUI attorney Param Pabla for an initial consultation.