What You Will Need for Your Initial Interview With a DUI Attorney
During the initial meeting with your Sacramento criminal defense attorney, you will need to provide him with certain key pieces of information that are necessary in building your DUI defense. Below is a description of the items and information you will need to provide your attorney, as well as the information you will be discussing during your initial meeting.Personal Information
One of the first things you will need to do at your initial meeting is to provide your personal information, including your full name, address, telephone number, weight, height, marital status and other personal details.Chronology of the Events Surrounding Your DUI Arrest
In order to prepare a strong DUI defense, you will also need to provide your Sacramento criminal defense attorney with a detailed restatement of the events surrounding your DUI arrest. This includes:
- Events that took place prior to getting behind the wheel, including where you were, what alcoholic drinks you consumed, what you ate, what activities you were involved in, etc.
- The reason the police officer pulled you over
- Whether you had to take a field sobriety test, and if you did, which one you took, as well as a recant of the instructions that were given
- The manner in which you were arrested
- What happened while you were in police custody
- Your release from custody
In general, the more details you can provide your attorney, the stronger a defense he can prepare on your behalf.Criminal History
Another critical piece of information that your Sacramento criminal defense attorney will want to obtain from you at the initial meeting is if you have had any prior convictions, including motor vehicle violations. This is important information because it will directly affect how the prosecutor will handle your case, including whether you will be extended the possibility to enter into plea negotiations.Contact Us
Having an experienced Sacramento criminal defense attorney by your side is essential when preparing a DUI defense. To schedule a complimentary initial meeting with attorney Pabla Param, call today at (916) 285-7900.