Unreliability of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
Field sobriety tests have an inherent potential for flaw which needs to be taken into consideration when a DUI charge is brought. If your arrest was predicated upon the results of such tests, your Sacramento criminal defense attorney will examine all aspects of their procedure and administration to determine whether the results should be brought into question.Why Field Tests are Often Unreliable
Field tests are by their nature less objective than chemical tests. Your Sacramento criminal defense attorney may be able to challenge the test results for reasons such as:
- The design of the scientific study which set the standard for the test was flawed.
- The mean or average designed for the test may not be true for your circumstance.
- The test was improperly administered.
- The results were misevaluated.
- There are inherent variables with subject/tester interaction and with the subject himself or herself.
- Another reason for the test result exists, such as a medical issue with the subject.
- Statistics used to measure one set of data may not apply to another.
- It is not possible to determine a baseline performance for the subject himself or herself.
Ultimately, then, field tests rely on subjective issues that can produce inaccurate results. It is vital that a Sacramento criminal defense attorney point out such issues to the jury to limit the damage to your case a failed test may otherwise bring.For Legal Assistance
If you are arrested for driving while intoxicated, it is very important that you hire an experienced and strong Sacramento criminal defense attorney who will fight for your rights. Call Param Pabla to schedule a consultation today at (916) 285-7900.