Steps to Take in Your DUI Case After Your Release From Jail
After you are released from jail on a drunk driving charge, you will be given a citation to appear in court at a later date scheduled by the court. There are certain steps your Sacramento DUI attorney will want you to take after your release to help him build a strong defense to fight your DUI case.Steps You Should Take to Help Your Sacramento DUI Attorney
Your Sacramento DUI attorney will want you to do the following in assisting him prepare for your case:
- Make a detailed list of what you ate and drank before and immediately following your DUI arrest
- Prepare a list of all the events leading up to your DUI arrest, including your conversation with the arresting officer.
- Write the names, contact information and any other relevant information pertinent to your case
- If your driver’s license is suspended, contact the DMV within 10 days of your arrest in order to appeal the suspension.
- Pick up your car if impounded by the police. If there are any alcoholic beverages or empty cans and bottles in your car, ask a friend or family member to take pictures before removing the items.
A DUI arrest and conviction can have life altering impacts. With Sacramento DUI attorney Param Pabla, you can be confident that he will put together a strong defense to reduce the charges or have them dismissed altogether.
To schedule a complimentary consultation, please call (916) 285-7900.