Information Your DUI Attorney Will Seek in Breath Cases
When you have been charged with DUI, your Sacramento DUI lawyer will gather information by using an independent investigator or through request of the prosecution via formal discovery. It is up to your Sacramento DUI attorney to decide on the importance of the information accumulated.Information Your Attorney May Seek
In DUI breath cases, your Sacramento DUI lawyer may seek some of the following information during discovery:
- Logs indicating the number of people who were given a test on the machine two months prior and two months after you received your test
- Records regarding the accuracy of the machine two months prior and two months after you were given your test. This is also referred to as a record of the “calibration check.” This is not a record of the machine’s calibration, but a confirmation that it had been calibrated
- A copy of the manual issued by the manufacturer for the breath machine that was utilized in your test
- The methods used by the laboratory or provided to the state to test alcohol levels by breath samples
- The license of the laboratory
- The history of training undertaken by the testing officer on the machine that you were tested with. There are instances when an officer has shifted from another department and has not been trained in the new department’s breath device.
If you have been charged with a DUI, it’s important to hire a qualified Sacramento DUI lawyer to handle your case and seek the relevant information for your defense. If you need an attorney for defense of a charge of DUI, contact Param Pabla at (916) 285-7900.